Lilly Loray's furniture is designed with a rustic finish made with beautiful hardwearing wood. Although we want you to care for your furniture do not worry about the odd knock or bump, we want our rustic furniture to fit into your life.
Lilly Loray's furniture is designed with a rustic finish made with beautiful hardwearing wood. Although we want you to care for your furniture do not worry about the odd knock or bump, we want our rustic furniture to fit into your life.To make sure our pieces last for years, to be enjoyed by you, your children and your grandchildren, we have set out a few pointers below on how to look after your cherished furniture in your home:
- Place wooden furniture away from radiators and do not expose to direct sunlight for prolonged periods. Over time this could cause fading or heat expansion cracks.
- Do not allow wooden furniture to become damp or too dry. Wood is a natural product and will react accordingly. Added moisture may cause the panels in your furniture to move slightly, so adequate ventilation should be provided to minimise this.
- Daylight will, over a period of time, slightly alter the colour of your furniture. This is just part of the ageing process.
- Always move furniture carefully. Be mindful not to drag across the floor. Once the item is in place check it stands level to ensure smooth opening of the doors and running of the drawers. Never use force on doors, drawers or carcasses.
- We recommend using just a warm damp cloth to clean your furniture and do not advise using any furniture sprays. If needed you can re-wax when dry with a lint free cloth with one of our recommended waxes.
- Please bear in mind that wood is a natural product and warping/gaps can occur as the wood moves.
- If your Walnut worktop or table needs more oil treatment over time, we have a recommended oil company on our website who provide wonderful treatments.